Search for Catanduanes State U presidency is on
The search for presidency of the province’s premier Higher Education Institution begins. The Catanduanes State University (CatSU) through the secretariat of the search committee announced on January 11, 2021 its call for applicants of the next CatSU President. Board Secretary, Renato M. Panti said that the Board of Regents (BOR) of the Catanduanes State University has formally and publicly announced that the Search for President is now open. At present, Dr. Freddie T. Bernal, Regional Director of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Regional Office No. 05 in Legazpi City is the Officer –in-Charge (OIC) President of the University. Dr. Bernal, who likewise sits as Resource Person in the CatSU Board of Regents (BOR), assumed Office on August 1, 2020 from his predecessor, Dr. Minerva I. Morales.
The BOR revealed that those vying for CatSU Presidency must have the following minimum qualifications: 1.) Not less than thirty-five (35) years old and not more than sixty-one (61) years old at the time of application, 2.) A natural-born Filipino citizen, 3.) Holder of an earned doctorate degree from a reputable higher education institution, 4.) Proven track record as an administrator (President, Vice-President, Dean, Campus Administrator, Director) in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) whether public or private, for at least five (5) years, and, 5.) Must have unquestionable moral integrity.
The BOR said that those interested applicants must submit one (1) hard copy of original and an authenticated electronic copy of other documents required on or before February 26, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. (PST) to either Hon. Aldrin A. Darilag, CHED Commissioner and Chair-designate, CatSU BOR; or, Mr. Renato M. Panti, BOR Secretary, CatSU.
The BOR secretariat enjoined the public and those who wish to apply for the position to read on further details of the search, including documentary requirements at the University’s official Facebook account (Facebook.com/catanduanesstateuniversity2012) and website (catanduanesstateu.edu.ph). ***
NOTICE OF SEARCH FOR PRESIDENCY OF CATANDUANES STATE UNIVERSITY (CatSU)
The Board of Regents of the Catanduanes State University (CatSU) formally and publicly announces that the Search for President is NOW OPEN.
A. Applicants for SUC Presidency must possess the following minimum qualifications:
1. Not less than thirty-five (35) years old and not more than sixty-one (61) years old at the time of application
2. A natural-born Filipino citizen
3. Holder of an earned doctorate degree from a reputable higher education institution
4. Proven track record as an administrator (President, Vice-President, Dean, Campus Administrator, Director) in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) whether public or private, for at least five (5) years
5. Must have unquestionable moral integrity
B. An applicant who does not meet any one of the abovementioned minimum qualifications and cannot submit pertinent supporting documentary evidences for these minimum qualifications on the set deadline shall be disqualified from the Search Process.
1. Formal Application Letter addressed to:
HON. ALDRIN A. DARILAG, Ph.D., CHRP, RMT, RN
Chair-Designate, CatSU Board of Regents
4/F HEDC Building, C.P. Garcia Avenue
UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City
2. Detailed Curriculum Vitae, signed under oath / notarized (Personal data, educational qualifications, work experience including organizational chart of the institution showing the candidate’s position, research outputs and publications, extension activities, experience in resource generation, awards and certificates, conferences attended).
3. Certified true copy of documents in support of the data stated in the Curriculum Vitae. The HRM /Records Officer of the organization where the applicant comes from may certify to the authenticity of the documents provided that the original is presented to him/her for comparison.
4. Proposed Vision, Mission and Development Goals for the SUC in not more than five (5) pages.
5. Certificates/Clearance from the following government agencies, obtained not more than six (6) months form the date of filing application, indicating that the applicant has no pending administrative and/or criminal case:
b. Civil Service Commission (CSC)
c. National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)
d. Municipal and Regional Trial Court
e. Ombudsman (for government employees)
f. Institution/Company where applicant is presently employed.
6. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)/NSO-authenticated Birth Certificate.
7. Medical Certificate of Physical Fitness issued by a physician from a DOH-accredited health institution but not the same where the applicant is presently employed. Letterhead of hospital or clinic must indicate DOH accreditation number, in case of private hospitals or clinic.
8. Results of neuro-psychiatric examination conducted by a physician from a DOH- accredited health institution but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed. Letterhead of clinic/hospital must indicate DOH accreditation number.
The Search Committee reserves the right to verify the results of the examinations required in Nos. 7 & 8.
9. Duly accomplished CSC Form 212 made under oath/notarized.
The Search Committee for the Presidency reserves the right to validate and verify the authenticity of documents submitted and the right to accept or reject any document that it deems to be questionable.
IMPORTANT: Interested applicants must submit one (1) hard copy of original and an authenticated electronic copy of the aforementioned documents on or before February 26, 2021 at 5:00 P.M. (Philippine Standard Time) to either:
HON. ALDRIN A. DARILAG, Ph.D., CHRP, RMT, RN
Chair-designate, CatSU BOR
HEDC Building, C.P. Garcia, UP Campus
Diliman, Quezon City
Email Add: email@example.com
MR. RENATO M. PANTI
Board Secretary, Catanduanes State University
Email Add: firstname.lastname@example.org