Category : Colleges | Sub Category : College of Business and Accountancy Posted on 2021-01-11 14:18:38
The Catanduanes State University (CatSU)- Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants (JPIA) Chapter in the College of Business Administration (CBA) under Dean, Prof. Esperanza P. San Juan, garnered majority of the winning spots in the Year-end Awards (YEA) conducted by the National Federation of Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants (NFJPIA), Region 5 Council.
Prof. Ian V. Aranel, JPIA Adviser, bared that this year’s awards had the University’s full in hugging the limelight, besting the rest of local chapters from other State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) in Bicol. Dr. Minerva I. Morales, CatSU President, expressed once more her appreciations to the College and to the local JPIA Chapter for this current feat which has added laurels to the University’s strings of distinctions in student and institutional achievements.
The NFJPIA regional year-end awards covering federation year 2019-2020 through Danielle dL. Quitangon, Regional Vice-President for Audit, revealed the following majority wins for CatSU:
· Most Outstanding Local Chapter Officer (Joriza Kate Zafe)
· Most Outstanding Local Chapter President (Joriza Kate Zafe)
· Most Supportive Local Chapter Adviser (Ian V. Aranel)
· Most Outstanding JPIAN in Leadership (Joal Cocjin)
· Best Local Chapter Activity in Academics (Catanduanes State University for Review Class for Incoming First Years Around the Province)
· Best Local Chapter Activity in Leadership (Catanduanes State University for Financial Statement Workshop and Reconstruction or FS WAR)
· Most Outstanding Local Chapter (Catanduanes State University)
· Most Active Local Chapter (Catanduanes State University)
· Most Productive Local Chapter (Catanduanes State University)
The YEA is an annual event of NFJPIA-Region V Council which primarily aims to give recognitions and merits to JPIANs who have excelled the most in every aspect of being a student leader and/or member of the NFJPIA community. The event likewise recognizes local chapters and individuals that made contribution with biggest impact to the council and showed exemplary performance during the academic year. The selection covered those events or activities that started February 15, 2019 until March 15, 2020.
(With Reports from CBA/ Ian V. Aranel)